Professor Bimla Buti has declared (at the PSSI GBM, 2011) that the award amount for the Buti Young Scientist Award will be enhanced to Rs.10,000/- from the year 2012 onwards.
To encourage young scientists, ‘Buti Young Scientist Award' has been instituted by Buti Foundation. The award consists of a Certificate of Merit and a cash prize of Rs.10,000. On behalf of Buti Foundation, Plasma Science Society of India (PSSI) at its Annual National Conference will present this award to the selected young researcher for the best presentation.
The first award was given at PLASMA 2004 (PSSI Conference) held at Bundelkhand University at Jhansi in December 2004. Looking at the great enthusiasm of the young participants for competing for this award, President, Buti Foundation has decided to have TWO such awards from 2005 onwards.
One award will be exclusively for applicants from Universities and Colleges and the second one will be open to all young scientists. This has been done keeping in mind that the scientists at Universities and Colleges do not have facilities comparable to the ones at Research Institutes. However there will be no compromise on the quality of the presentation. In case, the presentations are not to the mark, no award will be given that year.
For further information, check The Buti Foundation website.
Who can apply ?
Buti Foundation Young Scientist Award is open to Graduate students working towards their Ph.D. degrees and to fresh Ph.D.s with less than 2 years post-doctoral experience. Maximum age limit for competing for this award is 35 years (as on January 1 of the year of conference) . This award of Rs. 10000 is for the best presentation with really good contents to be presented at the annual PSSI meeting.
The applicant should be a Life Member of PSSI.
The applicant should NOT have presented the same material in previous editions of the Buti Award.
Guidelines (Please read carefully before applying)
1. One-page abstract, full manuscript of the work carried out by the student (maximum 5 A4 size pages), and CV should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the date prescribed on the Abstract submission (Indico) portal. Entries received after this date will not be considered. Entries without (1) Abstract on Indico (2) Full paper in the format prescribed on Indico portal (3) CV of the candidate showing date f birth (4) Recommendation from thesis advisor, can be rejected from Buti Award presentations without informing the candidate. If abstract has been submitted, they can however present the paper as oral/poster as assigned by the Scientific Programme Committee.
2. The abstract should be approved by the student's thesis advisor.
3. The Scientific programme committee of PSSI will do an initial screening to select 5-6 applicants who will be asked to make an ORAL presentation at the special session during the Plasma Conference.
3. Maximum age limit is 35 years.
4. Time given will usually be 15+5 minutes, but if a situation arises that would necessitate rescheduling of the presentation time, the applicants would be informed prior to the start of the session and they would need to complete their talk within the stipulated time.
5. Other than scientific quality of the work being presented, the panel of judges will also seriously consider the presentation skills (visual as well as vocal), time management, clarity of presentation as well as defence of the presented data while choosing a awardee.
6. The panel of judges may choose NOT to award the prize in case a suitable candidate is not found.
7. The decision of the panel of Judges would be final and binding.
8. Membership in PSSI is mandatory.
Professor B. Buti,
President, Buti Foundation,
B-8/6042, Vasant Kunj,
New Delhi 110 070
E-mail : email@example.com
Past Receipients of the BUTI Young Scientist Award
Confinement of electron plasmas and observation of modes in a toroidal Penning trap
Power balance at cathode in glow discharges
Experimental study of nonlinear solitory waves in a strongly coupled dusty plasma
Dr. H.S Gour Uty, Sagar (MP)
Shear driven electrostatic Ion-cyclotron instability in a current-less plasma : A study using loss-cone distribution function
H S Gour Uty
Sharad Kumar Yadav
Electron Current Pulse Propagation And Its Anomalous Dissipation Through Inhomogeneous Plasma
Prajapati R. P.
Vikram Uty, Ujjain
Effect of Flow Velocity and Pressure Anisotropy on Kelvin-Helmholtz Instability of Anisotropic Plasma Using Polytrope Laws
G. S. Gogna
The resonance hairpin probe-concept, theory and application in magnetized plasma
Observation of electron plasma waves inside large amplitude electromagnetic pulses in a temporally growing plasma
Development and Characterization Studies of DBD based Ultraviolet Light Sources
Solitary Structures in Electron-acoustic Waves in a Relativistically Degenerate Quantum Plasma with Two-Temperature Electrons
No award was presented.
Enhanced laser energy absorption and x-ray emission from nanostructured targets irradiated by ultrahigh intensity laser pulses.
Effect of Transverse magnetic field on the steady state solutions of a Bursian diode.
A novel observation of whight light laser in saturable non-linear optical media
Optimization Studies of Pseudospark Sourced Electron Beam for Development of Plasma Assisted Slow Wave Oscillator
Cyclotron effects on hot electron generation and their role in proton acceleration by a short pulse circularly polarized laser from overdense plasmas
A Quantitative Analysis On The Roles Of F3 Layers As Well As Solar Flux In
Modulating The Topside Ionization Over Indian Region
Exploring Thruster Potential of Compact ECR Plasma Source
M. G. Hariprasad
First Order Phase Transition and Crystal-Fluid Coexistence in a Complex Plasma System
Nirma University, Ahmedabad
Understanding the Physical Processes Prevailing in the Edge Plasma Region of Aditya-U Tokamak using Spectroscopic measurements
© PSSI 2008
Home Home Page | Acheivements | About PSSI | Executive Committee | Past Committes | Members | Categories | How to become a member ? | Member details | Awards | Buti Young Scientist Award | Sholapurwala Awards | PSSI Awards | Parvez Guzdar Award | Sholapurwala RF Award | J.S. Sodha Plasma Award | Scholarship | Lectures | Contact | Conferences & Meetings | Recent Meetings | Newsletter | Accounts | Audited Accounts | General Body Meeting | Past GBMs | Obituaries | PLASMA Conf. PLASMA Conference | About Plasma-2018 | PSC-2018 | Past Plasma Conferences | Abstract Books | PSC Series PSC Series | Past PSC |